Every Wednesday from now until the auction, we'll post "Havana Central," a list of the top five things to know about our biggest fundraiser of the year. Here's what's topping the list this week:
1. What To Wear. This year's Friday night event is a casual, indoor/outdoor affair. While we will have heaters on the patio, you may still want to plan for a cool night. Above are a few fashion ideas to help those who like to dress to theme. Just remember that when in Havana, anything goes! No need to stress about the dress.
2. Schedule of Events:
6 p.m. - Cocktails on the patio and silent auction preview
7 p.m. - Dining room opens for dinner
8:30 p.m. - Live auction
9 p.m. - Dancing and last opportunity for silent auction bidding
9:15 p.m. - Silent auction closes
3. Family in Need Fund. Upon arrival to this year's event, you'll be offered fedora hats and floral hair accessories provided by Enchanted Florist. Donations will assist school families who have unexpected hardships. Please plan to make a contribution to this program; any amount is appreciated.
4. Live Auction Change-Ups:
- The St. Hedwig Dad Auctioneer is back! A big thank you to Tim Sell and Matt Knabe for accepting the auction committee's request to run our live auction. The Auction Committee couldn't be more excited or thankful.
- A Traditional Auction Set-up. Upon entering the dining room, you'll see 80+ chairs lined up on the dance floor. This is to allow everyone who might be in the back of the room an opportunity to move to the front so they don't miss a beat during the live auction. As soon as the live auction is over, The Grand staff will remove the chairs and St. Hedwig supporters can dance the night away.
5. Paddle Sponsorship Bidding Starts Monday, April 9. Do you own a business or know someone who's looking for a way to market themselves? Our Paddle Sponsorship is one of the best ways to get your name out to our St. Hedwig community. In order to bid, you must have a ticket or have purchased the "online bidding feature," so don't delay! Invitations to open the bidding link will go out Monday, April 9 at 8 a.m. Bidding will close on Friday, April 13 at 6 p.m. The winner will be announced in the following week's Celtic Central.